[Project_owners] Quick Guide to Firefox's new Extension API

Robin Monks mozillaman at linuxmail.org
Fri May 28 18:04:37 EDT 2004

Karsten Düsterloh <mnenhy at tprac.de> wrote:

> Robin Monks aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
> > I definatly agree, it more of a "one size fits all" approach that
> > will ruin the flexibility of the installer system. Perhaps this
> > should be ranted to Ben's blog? Or even better, rant in the DevLinks
> > forums (http://newsletter.mozdev.org/dev then forum).
> >
> > Also, would you be interested in writting this up as a rant for the
> > Mozilla Developer Links newsletter
> > (http://newsletter.mozdev.org/dev)? It would be a good column.
>
> No offence meant - but do we really need yet another webforum?

Yes.  For two reasons:
1) DevForum allows for addon/extension owners to have their own forum (by contacting me I'll add one) where they can discuss things relating to that product.
2) Sure, mozillazine has some forums for developers, but, most of the post are made by newbies, the forums are crowded and slightly disorganized.

The main reason for DevForum is to allow for project owners to have a forum.
> I personally strongly dislike webforums (let alone "blogs" - but since
> you think it's worthwile, I'll have a look at Ben's) and usually don't
> use them.

A pitty, you can find a lot of information in both blogs and webforums.  Also, many users head to forums when they need help.

Robin Monks