[Project_owners] extension's and bundled shared libraries

Carey Stevens carey at zestgroup.com
Thu May 27 15:18:13 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I was wondering, if I have an extension that depends on some other
shared libraries which I would like to bundle and distribute. How is the
correct way to do that?

can they just be dumped in the components directory?

My extension then needs to load these extra libs. I currently dlopen
them because they are in my ld_library_path. Is there a better way? How
does one get the path to them correctly once they are installed into the
mozilla tree?

Any pointers? Does anyone know of an extension that does this that I
could look at?