[Project_owners] Request for feedback: DemoExt extension example

Jeff Walden jwalden+moz-news at mit.edu
Thu May 20 16:15:35 EDT 2004

How about adding some code for making toolbars?  Toolbars are common as extensions.  Currently, toolbars are either cross-app (meaning no customization in Firefox) or Firefox-only.  Neither works well, because you either sacrifice native implementations or support for other apps.  If there could be some way to make the extension so that it is either fully cross-app (meaning customizable toolbars) or can be easily built with app-specific toolbar code, that would be awesome for helping out toolbar creators.  For example, the Googlebar has its own toolbar customization, so it doesn't work the Firefox way (and is thus somewhat non-integrated).  This would alleviate several problems (such as an inability to move toolbars, for one).

Jeff Walden

--
Remove "+" and the following characters up to @ to email me (if they're in the address).

Get a better web browser - Firefox