[Project_owners] Reading and Writing LastVisitDate from Bookmarks

Sudhakar Chandra thaths at openscroll.org
Wed May 5 10:53:25 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a tree whose datasource is rdf:bookmarks.  I need to read and
write the LastVisitDate attribute of a bookmark.  I have two questions:

1. When I read the LastVisitDate of a bookmark I get a string like
"05/01/04 16:53:12".  When I pass this on to JS's Date() constructor,
the Date object created is for the year 1904.  Currently I have to do
some kludgey stuff to correct for this.

My code looks like so:

lastVisited =
bookmarksTree.view.getCellText(bookmarksTree.currentIndex,"feedlist-lastupdate");
lastUpdatedAt = new Date(lastVisited)

Is there a way around this?

2. I have the urn/uri (i.e. the bookmark ID) of one of the bookmarks
whose LastVisitDate I want to set.  I do no want to walk the entire
bookmarks rdf tree to find this one bookmark and set its LastVisitDate.
  Can someone give me a code snippet to set the LastVisitDate for one
known item?  Is there something in BookmarksUtils to help me do this?

Thanks.

Thaths
--
"You can't keep blaming yourself. Blame yourself once, and move on."
                          -- Homer J. Simpson