[Project_owners] Profile requirements inquiry

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch.news at beonex.com
Mon May 3 10:32:02 EDT 2004

Axel Hecht wrote:

> on behalf of those talking about it

Who where?

> I'm starting an inquiry on what extension and application developers
> need with respect to user profiles in Mozilla 2.0.

Not entirely sure what you mean, but I think that extensions should not
*install* into profiles. They need have the option to install into a dir
that's user(or profile-)specific, but it should not be mixed with data,
so that extensions can easily be uninstalled (even if something goes
wrong) without risking data.

> The goal is to get a list of requirements that enables us to have
> cross-platform roaming profiles of some sort.

*huch*? That exists already, since about a year. A review of it would be
helpful, so it can be checked in.