[Project_owners] My logo proposal

Laeb laebcontact at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 15 23:17:04 EST 2004

Ok, here is an other round:

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeff Walden
  To: Mozdev Project Owners List
  Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 10:49 PM
  Subject: Re: [Project_owners] My logo proposal

  Laeb wrote:
  > Here we go with a sharper gear and without the Ape:
  > http://easygestures.mozdev.org/MozdevNoApe3.png
  > http://easygestures.mozdev.org/MozdevNoApe4.png
  > Laeb.

  Without the man-ape is definitely better.  As for the gear, sharper is
  better -- to a point.  Current graphics design trends are towards softer
  edges, alpha-transparency, and the like from hard-edged, non-blending
  graphics.  (See icons designed for XP/Mac/KDE and Gnome to an extent.)
  The logo as a whole is good, but I think the gear needs a little work to
  give it a smoother, less jagged edge.  The first set (still blurred) was
  too blurry on the edges, while the second was too unblurred.  Perhaps a
  happy medium, or am I the only one who thinks this?  (Edit: methinks not
  given David Boswell's latest post.)

  Jeff Walden

  Firefox:     http://mozilla.org/products/firefox/why
  Thunderbird: http://mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/why