[Project_owners] My logo proposal

Jeff Walden Jswalden86 at netzero.net
Mon Mar 15 22:49:13 EST 2004

Laeb wrote:
> Here we go with a sharper gear and without the Ape:
>
> http://easygestures.mozdev.org/MozdevNoApe3.png
> http://easygestures.mozdev.org/MozdevNoApe4.png
>
> Laeb.

Without the man-ape is definitely better.  As for the gear, sharper is
better -- to a point.  Current graphics design trends are towards softer
edges, alpha-transparency, and the like from hard-edged, non-blending
graphics.  (See icons designed for XP/Mac/KDE and Gnome to an extent.)
The logo as a whole is good, but I think the gear needs a little work to
give it a smoother, less jagged edge.  The first set (still blurred) was
too blurry on the edges, while the second was too unblurred.  Perhaps a
happy medium, or am I the only one who thinks this?  (Edit: methinks not
given David Boswell's latest post.)

Jeff Walden

--
Firefox:     http://mozilla.org/products/firefox/why