[Project_owners] For language / localisation project owners

Dewi Jones dewi.jones at gwelywiwr.org
Fri Mar 5 12:00:07 EST 2004

Is this ok to include a description of our l10nzilla localisation tool?

<h3>l10nzilla</h3>
<ul class="quickaccess">
<li>Contact: <a href="mailto:etrapani&#64;unesco.org.uy">Eduardo
Trápani</a> (PHP)</li>
<li>Contact: <a href="mailto:dewi.jones&#64;gwelywiwr.org">Dewi
Jones</a> (Java)</li>
</ul>
localisations of Mozilla based applications.
It is a combination of a MySQL database for storing translations with a
PHP based front end for editing and
a Java based command line program for importing/exporting translations
and generating JAR files for
inclusion in the language packs</p>
<h4>Notable Highlights</h4>
<ul>
<li>stores translations from many Mozilla/XUL applications and/or
versions</li>
<li>stores translations from many languages</li>
<li>supports web based translation by many translators</li>
<li>translates JAR files based on translations stored in database</li>
<li>imports/exports translations as HTML</li>
<li>imports/exports translations as po files (alpha code)</li>
<li>maintains statistics on translations</li>
<li>can store quality of each translation</li>
<li>supports UTF-8</li>
<li>localisable PHP front end</li>
</ul>
Mozilla apps localisation.</p>