[Project_owners] Not aborting scripts.

Christopher Ottley xknight at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 24 12:48:06 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I've been testing my extension with the released version of Firefox 0.9
for Linux and in one of my tests I get the following message:
  "A script on this page is causing mozilla to run slowly. If it
continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to
abort the script?"
  If I press cancel each time this comes up, eventually my script
finishes. Is there a way to disable this? I tried setting the preference
dom.max_script_run_time to 600 (was originally 5) but no effect.
Alternatively, is there an explicit thread yield type function in
Javascript that I can use in Mozilla so this isn't an issue at all? My
test case is a bit excessive, manipulating 400+ KB of a string, but it
is a possible case when using my extension.

Thanks.
Christopher.