[Project_owners] utilityOverlay.xul and Firefox 0.9

David Murray lid2000 at tpg.com.au
Sun Jun 13 17:47:40 EDT 2004

It seems that the utilityOverlay.xul file has been removed from Firefox,
which has killed my extension, and most likely a lot of other people's
that rely on that file to stick Edit menus and whatnot in their
extensions. Has anyone found a substitute or anything?
navigatorOverlay.xul looks like the only thing I can find, but it stops
my extension from even loading.

This looks like its going to break my extension for either Mozilla or
Firefox with the next release, as for some reason including an
xul-overlay that doesn't exist (ie. utilityOverlay.xul) causes the
entire program to halt, instead of just continue on and ignore it.

Has anyone had this problem and managed to solve it? Its sending me insane.

David.
http://deepestsender.mozdev.org/