[Project_owners] Lezardilla and SQL databases

Ferlet Patrice patrice.ferlet at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 9 10:49:39 EDT 2004

Neil Deakin a écrit :

>> The problem is precisely that. SQL Component on mozilla site have to
>> be compiled on my Linux and Mozilla 1.6, never i have successfully
>> use it without errors... more than it, only postgres is usable, and i
>> need to contact mysql...
>> I wonder if there is'nt a way to create a generic component wich can
>> get a library given... and to the developper to interface every
>> functions.
>>
>> I see it as a dll or an so call in C++... imaginate this kind of code:
>> var los =
>> Components.classes["@mozilla.org/extension/dl"].createInstances(nsIOSLib);
>>
>> los.init('mysql.so');
>>
>> And afterward, create mysql_connect, mysql_fetch etc...
>> This could be nice...
>>

> You should be able to add mysql support by creating a component with
> the id '@mozilla.org/sql/connection;1?type=mysql' and which implements
> mozISqlConnection and then just stick it in the components directory.
>
> It would be nice if you or anyone did that though to just copy the
> structure from the postgres one so that it can be added to the mozilla
> tree. The postgres implementation is only about 20K of code, so it's
> relatively little work to port to a new database.
>
> / Neil

True, but on my computer (Linux Mandrake + Mozilla 1.6) this component
refuse to get connection... if only it was the only pb...
The second point is that on that kind of linux distribution, we use RPM
installations, so Mozilla is packaged and installed on Mandrake. If i
compile Mozilla with this component i dont find how to insert this
component on my installed Linux version of Mozilla.
That's why i asked if there isn't another way to do.