[Project_owners] Best way to test extensions

Brian King brian at mozdev.org
Fri Jul 30 19:51:44 EDT 2004

On 30.7.2004 18:24, Percy Cabello wrote:

> Here's my XPI. It's based on Jaap Haitsma's (thanks!) dictionarysearch since it
> seemed the most alike extension to what I am trying to do.

After a quick look in your JAR file, the following entries in your
installed-chrome.rdf should work:

content,install,url,resource:/chrome/translateit/content/TranslateIt/
locale,install,url,resource:/chrome/translateit/locale/en-US/TranslateIt/

Then under chrome the last structure will be
translateit/
   content/
     TranslateIt/
       contents.rdf
   locale/
     en-US/
       TranslateIt/
         contents.rdf

Note that this is only for development. You will have to uninstall the
extension first in the Extension Manager and this version will not show
up there.

--
Brian King
www.mozdev.org - free project hosting for the mozilla community