[Project_owners] standard CSS for projects

Jaap A. Haitsma jaap at haitsma.org
Sat Jan 31 18:55:58 EST 2004

Chris Neale wrote:
> On Saturday 31 January 2004 17:25, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
>
>>>what do you mean by 'mozdev style' ?
>>
>>That links, bullets are red etc. A bit difficult to explain in an email.
>>But if you go to for example http://dictionarysearch.mozdev.org (one of
>>my projects) you can see the standard mozdev style. I'm not using any
>>formatting in my html so everything gets formatted by the CSS of mozdev.
>>
>>If I use <h1> I get a formatting which fits in the mozdev style. I use
>><h1> for the header which is called Installation. If I now use <h2> on
>>the same page, the font is black and a whole lot larger then <h1>. IMHO
>>this is not logical and also ugly.
>

> rightly or wrongly we're currently using h1 for the header as well
>
> I don't think there has ever been mozdev styling of h2
>
> h1, h4 definitely, possibly h3

What's the reason to have <h4> and no <h2> <h3>

> you can specify your own styling : )

I know. I only didn't manage to get it to work. I wanted <h4> a bit
smaller (it's the same size as <h4>), but adding
h4 {
   font-size: 10px;
}
to head.txt didn't do the trick. Probably my own ignorance. I'm pretty
much a newbie when it comes to making webpage.
> what would you suggest for h2 ?

I would suggest to have h2 a bit smaller then h1. And h3 a bit smaller
then h2 etc. Or you can vary a bit with bold and italic if the font size
becomes to small. It would be nice that all html tags had their own
mozdev styling, such that if you write html without explicit styling
everything fits in the mozdev style

Jaap