[Project_owners] Weekly Top 50

Jaap A. Haitsma jaap at haitsma.org
Sat Jan 31 18:47:10 EST 2004

HJ wrote:
> "Jaap A. Haitsma" <jaap at haitsma.org> wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>Currently the Top 50 is based on all time page hits. I think it would be
>>more informative to also have something like a weekly hitlist. The
>>current all time list is pretty static and young projects have problems
>>ever arriving in the all time top 50.
>>Jaap
>

> You seem to have mised: "This list is dynamically updated and is based on page view data taken from the daily Analog reports."
> Also, take a look: http://www.mozdev.org/logs/logs.html
> and note this: "Analysed requests from Thu-01-Jan-2004 00:00 to Fri-30-Jan-2004 23:59 (30.00 days)."
>
> This has got to be a monthly report, or mozdev.org won't have this much trouble in keeping the speed up, don't you think?

I guess so. I only found it a bit suspicious that the number of page
views seem to have gone up quite a lot. For example a month ago the
number 50 in the list had 4000 hits. Now it has 8000 hits. That probably
means that a lot of people have started to use mozilla based browsers :-)

Maybe it would be good to add a line to
http://www.mozdev.org/logs/top50.html that the page views are the page
views of the last 30 days.

Jaap