[Project_owners] Status reports (Week of 12 January, 2004)

Erich Reto Iseli erich.iseli at iseli.org
Tue Jan 13 14:25:44 EST 2004

Brian King wrote:
> Send 'em in folks!
>
> Submission guidelines here:
> http://www.mozdev.org/status/submit.html
>
> Status page here:
> http://www.mozdev.org/status/index.html
>
> Thanks,

Here we go for mycroft. Since we don't have any version number, but the
only "progress" we can see is by counting the number of plugins, I'm
mentioning this number in place of the version. Hope that you'll be fine
with that.

   <h3>Mycroft - 775 search plugins</h3>
   <ul class="quickaccess">
     <li>
     </li>
     <li>
       Contact: <a href="http://mycroft.mozdev.org/staff.html">Erich
       'Ricky' Iseli</a>
     </li>
   </ul>
     I have been quite lazy to submit status reports lately, the last one
     was in September. Since then a lot has happened: 300 plugins have
     been added, mainly due to the great work of our members (and
     external contributors) who went through the list of requests.
     In late November, we implemented logging of our search engine, which
     has proven to be more than useful, since now we can monitor very
     closely the needs of our users. If you are curious about these, you
     can find the latest in our <a
href="http://mozdev.org/pipermail/mycroft/2004-January/subject.html">Mailing
List Archives</a>.
     As a result, there is a top 10 of the most looked for search
     engines, a new category listing as well as an improved search
     algorithm.
   <h4>Notable Highlights</h4>
   <ul>
     <li>Lots of new plugins</li>
     <li>It's easier to find them</li>
   </ul>
     It's very hard to keep up with all the search plugins that get
     submitted by external contributors, and even harder to keep the
     list of requests fairly small. If you have some time and energy
     for mycroft, we'd be glad to welcome you.