[Project_owners] Dead before Born

S.M. Claassen stalemat at inter.nl.net
Fri Jan 9 10:27:12 EST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, [iso-8859-1] Biju G C wrote:

> [...]
> > in my opinion, our effort should
> > go into making those projects as easy to find as possible instead of
> > not allowing some people to start projects they are interested in.
>
> I agree, discussing at maillist a way to achieve that. Hence introducing
> a new comer to project_owners at mozdev.org before starting a project.
> Then he can decide to start a separate project or become a member
> of existing project.
> [...]
This is all very true with regard to the admission of new projects but
once projects mature, the question of status (active, inactive, abondoned,
etc.) continues to be pertinent (in the face of the natural selection
which then takes hold).

I believe it was with this in mind that David wanted to clarify the set of
designated statuses.  Overall project progress can be monitored through
the well-known weekly status reports and the alive-ness of a project
gauged by the frequency with which they are submitted or by pinging the
owner through this list.  The latter is guaranteed to elicit a response on
my part in any case ;->

				Later,

				Silvester Claassen