[Project_owners] Dead before Born

Biju G C bijumaillist at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 23:52:46 EST 2004

 --- David Boswell <davidwboswell at yahoo.com> wrote:
> i think part of the problem with talking about this is that people are
> using different terms to describe things.  i went back and reread the
> first post in this thread and realize i was defining 'dead' projects in
> a different way than it was being used.
>
> in this case, how are we defining uninitialized projects?  are these
> abandoned projects or something else?
>
> it might not be a bad idea to have a terminology page where we
> explicity state what active, inactive, abandoned, unstarted, dead, etc
> means so we are using a common terminology.

David dont go after terminology !!!
Let me tell the reason why I looked all project at
http://www.mozdev.org/categories/tools.html

It is my previous thread "MOZLIB and JSLib"
http://mozdev.org/pipermail/project_owners/2004-January/001318.html

"Why somebody wrote 'MOZLIB' instead of enhancing 'JSLib'"
then I came to conclusion that we (developers at mozdev)
are not aware of other fellow projects.

"Why are we not aware of other projects?"
Because of so many projects, its difficult to find the similar projects.

There is one way to get out of this situation now.
like all other projects allow bug report facility for "www"
at http://www.mozdev.org/bugs.html
then others will be able to help Admins for modifying www pages

Then for not repeating this things again !!
Before somebody starts a new project they should describe and discuss it at
project_owners at mozdev.org then if he finds no other similar project exist
he  should ask Admins to allocate new project.

I have done this when I started "QuickManager" because its similar to
"ER" "Themes" and "DB"

Before I started "WebLinks (Links)" I studied all other projects at
http://www.mozdev.org/categories/bookmarks.html

And when there is a new member joins, he should be informed
about the above practices and also about library projects
like JSLib(mozlib), XPTK, and tools projects like Demiurge, XULMaker,
JSConsole, XULConsole, MozQuery, MacroEditor

Code developed in other projects if can be added to above library project
then project owners should submit it to respective project.

cheers
biju