[Project_owners] Dead before Born

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 13:42:54 EST 2004

> I was going thru
> http://www.mozdev.org/categories/tools.html
>
> and found few "Dead before Born" projects

there are several of these unstarted projects on the site.  i've never
understood why people request a project and then never start it.  it's
possible that cvs is a big hurdle for some or maybe other people lose
interest before they get started.

these projects do clutter up the project listings though.  i think the
active, inactive and abandoned lists help a lot to sort through the
live projects and the dead ones and they don't show up in the category
listings since they've never been announced.  i'm not sure what sorting
these projects out of the abandoned projects list would help though.

in my mind the role of the abandoned projects list is to show people
what projects are available for adoption.  even unstarted projects have
value for adoption -- even if there is no code in there the project
name itself might be attractive to someone.  just my thought though.

david