[Project_owners] Preferences in Mozilla

Neil neil at parkwaycc.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 20:59:17 EST 2004

Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:

>the doOnOK I want to use for validating the input. For example the accesskey has to be a character that is part of the label. I haven´t figured out to do the validation either. Because:
>1. my data doesn´t seem to get updated in the doOnOK

Well, that bit should work, it's worked for some time now (although some
of the workarounds were still in place until recently). Alternatively
you could try using the SetFields function - there's a basic example in
pref-cache.xul - which gets called whenever your page is unloaded.

>2. I don´t know how to stop the preferences dialog to stop closing in the doOnOk

I don't think this is possible, sorry. If you can't dynamically validate
preferences (using oninput or whichever handler is appropriate) then
those preferences that need validation could be accessed via a
subdialog, perhaps...