[Project_owners] some questions about xpcom

Neil Deakin enndeakin at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 21 12:59:27 EST 2004

dcarboni at crs4.it wrote:

> [...]
Could you explain why you need another thread, and why using setTimeout
isn't a possibility for your purposes?

I don't think there's any issue with actually using threads in
JavaScript, at least not issues that couldn't be fixed. Making every
XPCOM component in Mozilla threadsafe however would take far more time
that anyone has.

/ Neil