[Project_owners] MozDev Site Looks Horrble

GuruJ GuruJ at mbox.com.au
Thu Feb 19 19:29:55 EST 2004

HJ wrote:
> Chris Neale <cdn at mozdev.org> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday 18 February 2004 23:32, Jay Garcia wrote:

<snip>
>>>There are no Top50 projects listed.
>>
>>probably a performance saver - nobody likes the project listing anyway -
>>everyone complains that their projects never get an airing
>

> Oh? Why is that? Because they are not on top of the list?
> Two of my projects are not on that list, but still I like it!

If it comes to that ... why do we limit the projects to the Top 50?  How
hard would it be to implement a complete Rankings system, breaking it up
into multiple pages to prevent long loading times (ie. 1-30, 31-60,
61-90, etc.)

Seems to me that that would solve both problems -- all developers can
see the ranking of their project, *and* all visitors can get an idea of
what projects are the most popular.

-- GuruJ.