[Project_owners] Download MIrrors

Jaap A. Haitsma jaap at haitsma.org
Tue Feb 10 22:38:32 EST 2004

Jawahar Swaminathan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry to bother everyone here but there seems to be one download
> mirror that is not behaving as it should.
>
> On going to http://downloads.mozdev.org, one of the mirrors appears with
> the following
>
> http://errors.secsup.org/errors.html
>
> which does not list itself as a mozdev mirror. Is there any way this
> domain could be removed
> from the list of download mirrors for mozdev so that people don't get a
> error when trying to download an application ?
>
> thanks,
>
> Jawahar

Saw the same some time ago when I just commited a file to the downloads
directory. If this file isn't synced to the mirror to which
downloads.mozdev.org sends you, I think you get that error message.
So I think you just need to wait a bit.

I would like to know how this mirroring works. What kind of software is
used at downloads.mozdev.org to link you trough to the mirror? How does
it choose a mirror? etc.

Jaap