[Project_owners] Variables accessibility, DOM

Erwan Loisant erwanloisant at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Feb 4 19:03:00 EST 2004

I read recently a message about "global variables" on this list; my
problem is closed to it, but I couldn't find useful informations for my

I have a XUL page, with an iframe. From the page displayed on this
iframe, I call a Javascript function. I want this function to modify XUL
elements outside the iframe, but using DOM they can't be found.

All information I found was about window-mediator, but I have only one
window. However it seems that the page inside the iframe is unable to
see what's outside.

Erwan Loisant - Ph.D. student
Tokyo Metro U. / Univ. Nantes