[Project_owners] mozproxy?

Edward Dore edward.dore at strangestory.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 08:12:59 EST 2004

David Fraser wrote:

> marziamazzoli at wooow.it wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I am writing a algorithm for content filtering and extraction.
>> I decided that algorithm will use a proxy to filter web pages.
>>
>> The mozproxy project exist ?
>> I don't find the code.
>>
>> Have Mozilla a http proxy?
>>
>> Best regards
>
> I don't know, but if you're writing a general proxy for filtering and
> extraction, maybe you should write it as a separate program, that runs
> as a standard HTTP proxy, and then add functionality to Mozilla as a
> frontend that lets you alter the settings for that program... That way
> the proxy could be used for other web browsers too...
>
> David

I am working on Sardine which works like this although actualy
manipulates the DOM, I intend to add the ability to run it as a
standalone proxy at some point but for now it will remain an extension.
You could check out the website but thers not much point as I havn't had
time to work on it, I only jus got it back online. Most of my work has
been theory and test apps, nothing that worth comiting yet so no code in
CVS.

Thanks,
Edward