[Project_owners] Revive and maintain old extensions

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 19:26:01 EST 2004

> It also makes sence to try groupping affort promoting group work
> instead of a tradition of making many similar extensions (RSS readers
> are good example), but writing out of personal itch and without any
> other opinions except your own is much easier then collaborate so I'm
> not very sure how to effectively promote it.

i think there are some things about open source project hosting sites
that are unavoidable -- a high rate of abandoned projects and many
similar projects, for example.  as a policy, we'll refer people to
similar existing projects when project requests come in, but most
people seem to choose to work on their own.

i think there are some things that can be done though.  going through
the abandoned projects list and identifying the top few projects that
would be worth reviving is a great idea.  it would also be great if
someone could unify the different project owners for a specific type of
project, such as the rss reader, and consolidate their efforts into one
combined effort.

david