[Project_owners] extensionroom.mozdev.org versus update.mozilla.org

Michael J Gruber aboutconfig-owner at mozdev.org
Thu Dec 9 12:09:16 EST 2004

Can someone enlighten me about the relation and state of
extensionroom.mozdev.org and update.mozilla.org?
It seems that both have some considerable lag responding to requests.
Both "look official", but I guess only update.mozilla.org is. The
listings themselves appear to be unrelated.

As a user, I would prefer having one listing only to make sure I don't
miss interesting extensions.
As a developper, I would prefer having to announce updates to one
listing only, time is better spent developping than following completely
different request procedures for different listings.

Then there are those rumours about update.mozilla.org being revamped to
allow developpers to access their own records.

Having some kind of roadmap woud be great, because it would save many
developpers from filing requests on both listings which won't be
answered before the restructuring anyways.

Regards,
Michael