[Project_owners] Manipulate printing output?

GuruJ GuruJ at mbox.com.au
Wed Dec 8 21:35:05 EST 2004

Hi Malte,

It's almost not a development question, but you will find that you will
be amazed by what you can accomplish with userContent.css.

Go to your mozilla profile (under C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Application Data\mozilla\xxxxx for Windows 2000/XP)
and then into the 'chrome' subdirectory.

Copy the file called userContent-example.css and call the new file
userContent.css.  Then, add something like the following line:

.moz-text-flowed blockquote, .moz-text-plain blockquote { color: green }

which will change the text of all quoted elements to green.  If you want
this style to only apply when printed, use this syntax:

@media print
    {
       .moz-text-flowed blockquote,
       .moz-text-plain blockquote { color: green }
    }

Hope that helps and good luck,

-- GuruJ.