[Project_owners] Update on mirrors

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 04:54:55 EST 2004

We've spent the last few days trying to get the existing main mirror
working again.  For a couple of reasons it is not clear when it will be
able to be brought back up.  To work around this issue, Pete is going
to set up a new main mirror at our colocation facility.

This will give us more direct control over the mirror process and
should make the mirror system more robust going forward.  Setting up
the new main  mirror will take some time though.  Pete is going to work
on this over the weekend so the mirrors will be down for just another
day or two.

I wanted to thank everyone again for their patience.  I know that
having the mirrors stop working is a big pain.  When we have more
information about when things will be working again, I'll let everyone