[Project_owners] Persistence in toolbars

Jawahar Swaminathan jawahar at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Aug 31 18:01:16 EDT 2004

Hi,

Someone pointed out a strange occurence in the toolbar I have written
(biobar). Once biobar is installed, both on mozilla and firefox, every
javascript popup window that is opened during browsing has the biobar
toolbar, even though the main navigation toolbar is not present. This
obviously can be very irritating to the users.

I am not sure why this is happening. The two toolbar lines in mozilla
and firefox are as follows:

Mozilla:

<toolbox id="navigator-toolbox">
<toolbar id="biobarToolbar" persist="hidden" hidden="false"
class="chromeclass-toolbar" style="height:29px;">

Firefox:
<toolbox id="navigator-toolbox">
<toolbar accesskey="J" hidden="false" customizable="false"
iconsize="small" id="biobar" mode="full" toolbarname="Biobar Toolbar"
inherits="collapsed,hidden" persist="collapsed,hidden"
style="height:29px;"      defaultset="blah, blah, clear"/>
</toolbox>

Any ideas/suggestions ?

Thanks.

Jawahar