[Project_owners] Programmatically setting site icon

Sudhakar Chandra thaths at openscroll.org
Fri Aug 27 11:17:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a mozilla extension which, when launched, opens a .xhtml page.
In this .xhtml page is a frameset and one of the frames in this frameset
is loaded with a .xul file.

I currently set a site icon in my .xhtml like so:

<link href="chrome://habarixenu/skin/images/hx16blue.png" rel="icon"
type="image/gif" />

The problem is that when I first launch my application (which opens in a
browser tab) the icon does not display.  If I close the tab and relaunch
the application, the site icon displays just fine in the browser tab.

I think it is because the frame loading slowly and somehow overwriting
the site icon.  I want to programmatically set the site icon of the
.xhtml file from the .xul's onload event handler.  How do I do this?

My heirarcy can be represented like so:

habarixenu.xhtml
--frameset
----frame
------habarixenu.xul
------habarixenu.js

Thanks.

Thaths
--
Marge: Homer, it's very easy to criticize...
Homer: and fun, too!