[Project_owners] Requirements for update.mozilla.org

Jawahar Swaminathan jawahar at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Aug 26 17:20:58 EDT 2004

Hi Karsten,

You need an install.rdf if your extension is expected to support ff0.9
and above.

Apparently you do not need to provide an updateURL link in the
install.rdf if this is to be presented on update.mozilla.org. But you
can always add a

       <em:updateURL>link to update.rdf</em:updateURL>

in the install.rdf if you so prefer.

Install links on the update.mozilla.org page link to ftp.mozilla.org
site which also contains the XPI.

For compatibility with FF1.0PR you need to set maxVersion in your
install.rdf to 0.10 (not 1.0 for some reason!).

I provide information which looks like this and it seems to work.

Contact: name
E-mail: e-mail

Browser Platforms : mozilla 1.4 to 1.7+
                    firefox 0.7 to 0.10

Latest Versions:

Firefox: link to download xpi

Mozilla: link to download xpi

What has changed:

Some information about what has changed, or what is being added.

regards,

Jawahar