[Project_owners] Porting extension from Mozilla to Firefox

Sudhakar Chandra sudhakar.chandra at comat.com
Sat Aug 21 15:32:59 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have an application that works fine under Mozilla.  I am trying to
port it to Firefox and am following the instructions at
http://jedbrown.net/mozilla/EM/

My application as it exists today is not packaged into a jar.  Instead,
it exists as an individual tree of files and sub-directories like so:

habarixenu/
habarixenu/content/
habarixenu/content/habarixenu.xul
habarixenu/content/habarixenu.js
habarixenu/locale
habarixenu/locale/en-US
[You get the idea]

I DO NOT want to jar my files and directories for a reason.  My
application is a news aggregator and I want to cache a local copy of
downloaded feeds under the chrome/habarixenu/content/ structure.

In the docs on packaging for Firefox I came across this:

  <em:file>
  <Description about="urn:mozilla:extension:file:quicknote.jar">
  <em:package>content/</em:package>
  <em:skin>skin/classic/</em:skin>
  <em:locale>locale/en-US/quicknote/</em:locale>
  </Description>
  </em:file>

The above is for jar-red extensions.  How will I have to change this for
non-jar extensions?

Thanks.

Thaths
--
Slacker Without Borders                        http://openscroll.org/
Key fingerprint = 8A 84 2E 67 10 9A 64 03  24 38 B6 AB 1B 6E 8C E4