[Project_owners] Re: Porting extension from Mozilla to Firefox

Sudhakar Chandra thaths at openscroll.org
Sat Aug 21 16:33:58 EDT 2004

My extension itself gets installed only under the user's profile and not
to the application chrome folder.  So the place where the cache of the
feeds get kept (in Mozilla) is also be under the user's profile.  I am
sorry.  I should have mentioned that previously.  When I was talking
about chrome/habarixenu, I was referring to .../XXXX.slt/chrome/habarixenu

Thaths

Christopher Ottley wrote:
> Technically Sudhakar, you really shouldn't be writing stuff like that to
> the chrome folder. A better idea would be to stick the data in the
> user's profile directory, or if you're being really nice, let the user
> chose the folder where they want to store the local downloaded feeds.
>
> Regards,
> Chris.
>
> Sudhakar Chandra wrote:
>
>>> I DO NOT want to jar my files and directories for a reason.  My
>>> application is a news aggregator and I want to cache a local copy of
>>> downloaded feeds under the chrome/habarixenu/content/ structure.

Marge: Homer, it's very easy to criticize...
Homer: and fun, too!
Slacker Without Borders                        http://openscroll.org/
Key fingerprint = 8A 84 2E 67 10 9A 64 03  24 38 B6 AB 1B 6E 8C E4