[Project_owners] How to connect to cvs repository using TortoiseCVS

Irongut at vodafone.net Irongut at vodafone.net
Tue Aug 17 20:36:08 EDT 2004

Hi,

Assuming you have never checked out your project...

In Windows Explorer, create a new folder to store your project in then right-click the folder and choose 'Make New Module'.

In the Server box type 'mozdev.org'.

In Repository Folder type '/cvs'.

In User Name type your user name.

In Module type the name of your project.

This will give you a CVS Root like ':pserver:username at mozdev.org:/cvs' at the top of the dialog.

Click OK and you will be asked for your password during login. From now on your password will be remembered.

Hope this helps,
Dave.

Dave Murray
Glasgow, UK