[Project_owners] Overlaying bookmarks

Sudhakar Chandra thaths at openscroll.org
Tue Aug 17 15:10:32 EDT 2004

I am developing a XUL-based news aggregator (habarixenu.mozdev.org).
The news aggregator uses the heirarcy of bookmarks under one "special"
folder (called 'Feeds Root').

The problem with this is that when the extension is installed the first
time, it assumes the top of the bookmarks heirarcy is the Feeds Root.
This is not so nice when the user has thousands of bookmarks.

Is it possible to overlay a user's bookmarks upon installation so that a
bookmark folder and its contents get added to the user's bookmarks file?

Also, currently I am overlaying
chrome://communicator/content/tasksOverlay.xul and
chrome://browser/content/browser.xul

This makes my extension appear under the Tools menu in all Mozilla
windows (composer, navigator, messenger, ...). What should I overlay so
that the menu item is added only for the browser window's Tools menu?

Thanks.

Thaths
--
"It does not matter whether the war is actually happening, and, since
no decisive victory is possible, it does not matter whether the war is