[Project_owners] Commenting on Comments

Matthew Wilson matthew at mjwilson.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 7 20:24:12 EDT 2004

Bradley E. Rintoul wrote:

> Is there certain etiquette I should follow concerning the comments that
> show up on my extension comments page on updates.mozilla.org?  I don't
> want to blast anybody or anything - it's just that someone made a
> comment that I'd like to respond to, but I don't want to if that's
> considered bad form...  Any opinions on that?

In general, I'd say: always respond politely, and only answer to correct
factual errors. Don't get involved in flame wars, and ignore comments
that just say, "X sucks".

That's just my personal advice though, I'm not trying to claim it as
generally accepted etiquette.]

Specifically for updates.mozilla.org though, there doesn't seem to be a
way of replying to a comment, so your comment might not be associated
with the original one.

Matthew