[Project_owners] Setting preferences in new firefox

Jawahar Swaminathan jawahar at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Aug 5 19:45:56 EDT 2004

Hi.

I'm trying to set some user_pref for my extension at installation time
and cannot get it to work.

Using firefox 0.9.1

The file extension.js is in the directory path
extension/defaults/preferences/

and contains the following lines

user_pref("biobar.sequences", true);
user_pref("biobar.structures", true);
user_pref("biobar.function", true);

The extension is then zipped and installs and everythings seems okay.

However on doing an about:config for getting the settings I get

Preference Name              Status            Type         Value

biobar.sequences               default           boolean
biobar.structures                default           boolean

There is no value, which should have been true !!

Any idea what is going on ? I've tried this with a new profile etc.

Thanks. Any help greately appreciated.

Jawahar