[Project_owners] Does mozdev.org allow for MySQL databases?

erich.iseli at iseli.org erich.iseli at iseli.org
Sun Apr 25 16:19:43 EDT 2004

Zitat von Robin Monks <mozillaman at linuxmail.org>:

> A shame too, it would have made things soooo simple.  I'll work something
> out...

Not as simple as you would have thought. Even though the search plug-in data is
stored in a mysql database at mycroft, we can't rely on it alone. Actually, we
have implemented a caching system so that most of the time, the data isn't
coming from the database but from a textfile. I for one wouldn't make the whole
content of my site depend on the mysql database, since it often cannot cope
with the heavy load after a new version of Firefox is released...

ricky