[Project_owners] please delete project ---- de

Karsten Düsterloh mnenhy at tprac.de
Thu Apr 22 04:02:02 EDT 2004

Hi!

I've exchanged some mail with Joachim about the future of the mozdev.de
domain. We do both agree that it should be assured that it won't
interfere with mozdev.org and its "mission" in future, and so Joachim
proposed to "hand over" the domain to mozdev.org - if they're interested.

Pete, David and Co.: what's your say with that?

*If* mozdev.org isn't interested, I'd take over the domain from Joachim
*and* become the owner of the de project, too; in the spirit of my proposal:

Joachim Schreiber aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
>> How about providing subdomain forwarding for those projects that have
>> German pages?
>>
>> Example: Mnenhy provides an English set of pages starting at
>> http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/ = http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/index.html and a
>> German set of pages starting at http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/index-de.html.
>> It would be nice to have http://mnenhy.mozdev.de/ pointing to my German
>> Mnenhy pages... :)

That means the de project would:
- provide a German language translation of the most important
  mozdev.org pages, linked to from the mozdev.de top level
- provide subdomains for projects with German language pages, e.g.
  http://mnenhy.mozdev.de/ pointing to
  http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/index-de.html
All the hosting would remain with mozdev.org, the gain would be "just"
convenience for German language based mozdev.org visitors...

So, again: Pete, David and Co. - what do you think?

Karsten
--
Feel free to correct my English. :)