[Project_owners] Uninstall - file delete

Jed jedbro at gmx.net
Fri Sep 26 19:06:42 EDT 2003

Erwin Wessels wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In creating an uninstall script run from my (TB) extension, I've
> succeeded in doing everything _except_ deleting my jar (i.e.
> chrome/quickreply.jar). When I try to do that, I get an access denied
> error. Clues?
>
> -Erwin

Sounds nice :)
I don't know how far along you are on your endevour, but you might want
to check out Piro's extensions Unregister
(A very nice, easy to use un-installer). It also doesn't delete the .jar
file.
But unregisters all RDF listings/overlays and prefs used by the extension.
http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/lib/exUnregisterer.js

I use it in quicknote if you want to see how to implement it.

Cheers