[Project_owners] Notes Abuse

Chris Neale cdn at mozdev.org
Wed Sep 24 12:16:39 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 23 Sep 2003 23:56, Biju G C wrote:
> today's attacker used following search string in google
>
> search string = "To add your own comment" inurl:mozdev
>
> But he did not post at those pages which have already
> deleted previous SPAMs
>
> So if possible we could write a server script which will
> take a SPAM URL as input a delete all post contains that URL

not so easy, flat file storage of notes [ as seen in the edit pages ]

> And we should make SPAMmER know we are deleting SPAMS
>
> We should also try to make a much more easier editor to delete the post
> (I am in the process of trying on)
>
> Has any one tried http://www.junkeater.com/

I have just [ http://flibble.mozdev.org/notes.html ], but, this requires the
NOTES[2] scripts to be rewritten, and an id per page, and mozdev has a lot
: ]

implementation is potentially flawed, since it still uses
http://flibble.mozdev.org/notes.html as the return URI for posting to at
present

> PS: Documentation page have lot spam
> http://www.mozdev.org/docs/projects.html

I suspect we need are our own junkeater-alike, which presumably means we need
GD compiled into php amongst other things

====

if Pete will allocate spam at mozdev.org as a mailbin for legitimate and spam
postings, we can track the IPs more easily, when the scripts put into
production

--

cdn

http://themes.mozdev.org/