[Project_owners] Clarification for a SeaMonkey User

Pete Collins pete at mozdev.org
Mon Sep 15 21:28:46 EDT 2003

> Maybe this post is a little OT, but my main concern is that we are
> wasting resource when we just have a complete suite and we have to
> produce "only" an API and good documentations to help programmers.

Yep, i totally agree. Mozilla is already a working system that isn't
perfect but doesn't suck.

Good documentation can go a long, long way.

It might make sense for Mozilla.org to do this:

1. Release 1.5 and get it out of the way.
2. Stop, Stop Stop! Reevaluate the entire project
3. Put together a mission statement that inclusively reflects the
Mozilla community as a whole.
4. Document the architecture, all vital public API's, document,
document, document, *samples*, *samples*, *samples*.
5. Establish clear module ownership.
6. Establish technical direction based on the mission statement.
7. Establish a technical plan on precisely how proceed step by step.
8. Proceed one day at a time.
9. Stick to the plan.
10. Continue releasing stable snaps of the tree.

If there is clear direction, then it is all just a matter of everyone
being on the same page and getting there. Everyone has their part to
play and I don't think there is anyone in the community who wants to see
Mozilla fail. There is still a lot of dedication floating around despite
the worst of setbacks. That dedication needs to be leveraged not squandered.

--pete

--
Pete Collins
www.mozdev.org