[Project_owners] Clarification for a SeaMonkey User

John Dobbins john at brandxcomputers.com
Sat Sep 13 23:08:11 EDT 2003

Pete Collins wrote:

> I think what we have is a very distinct developer base for Mozilla.
>
> Browser/MailNews
>
> and
>
> MAD Platformers.

Add a third group, gone developers, ones who are tired of rewritting the
same project over and over and who have abbandoned it and Mozilla.

Know why I haven't done anything in Aphrodite for months? Because I have
no idea if something I write this month will work next month, though
it's a safe bet that it won't work next year. This month Aphrodite will
need to be written as a series of Firebird extensions. Will Firebird be
finished in anything remotly resembling it's present form? I have no
idea. Will extensions I write now need a major rewrite to work in 6
months? more than likely yes, so why bother doing them now?

I've rewritten two themes and Aphrodite too many times.

John