[Project_owners] Connection Refused Again

HJ bugs4hj at netscape.net
Thu Oct 23 07:16:47 EDT 2003

Jed <jedbro at gmx.net> wrote:

>Yes, the XML file (database) we made for Extension-Room was branched off
>into a seperate project called
>database.mozdev.org
>
>To facilitate Djst and get extensions out to more users, MFH and MTH
>have been grabing the file off of the mozdev server. To my recolection
>this has been happening for more than 4months, while other parts of it
>are grabed from the mozdev mirrors.
>
>I was sure the mozdev Devs knew about this, as it has been stated
>before, and even Cdn has been apart of the database at mozdev mailing list.
>
>The only thing I can think of is that, this has possibly been caused
>from more people using Mozilla/Firebird, and more visits to the MFH
>extensions page?
>
>Another project that uses the XML database is QuickManager.mozdev.org.
>
>Anything related to Extension-Room, please refer to me, and anything
>specific to the database
>(including
>
>http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/extensions.js.php/firebird )
>should be refered to Clav.
>
>Cheers
>--Jed
>
>(To my beleif, David (Djst) has or is going to stop using the above parser until other wise notified.)
>

>Jay Garcia wrote:
>
>>On 22.10.03 22:08, Biju G C wrote:

I hope something will be done to save other mozdev projects because a) the site is slugish for the last two weeks and b) people keep sending me e-mail about not being able to download/install from mozdev.org, because the site simply refuses to popup anything usefull.

Pete, can you setup a schema for folks, like project owners, so that we are able to use the site anytime, in case you have to shutdown any of the services?

They should also inform people to download instead of installing the extensions time after time from the server, because that is just stupid.

Btw, can't that script do an update every hour or so, instead of pulling for every access?

/HJ