[Project_owners] Global variables...?

David Murray lid2000 at tpg.com.au
Mon Oct 13 23:27:51 EDT 2003

Brian King wrote:

> What you need to do is use the window mediator interface. Looks like
> what you are trying to do is here - toOpenWindowByType(inType, uri):
>
> http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/browser/base/content/browser.js#2120
>

> The first parameter you pass is the value of the 'windowtype'
> attribute that should be on your <window> tag.

Thanks! That worked exactly how I wanted it to. It's annoying that I
spent about 3 hours tearing my hair out but never gave that a try (I've
seen it used before too, gah). This second problem though, I don't know
where to start. I've gone through the messenger code over and over and
can't find any section that refers to changing the mail icon in the
status bar for all windows when new mail is received. Does anyone know
which bit points to this?