[Project_owners] Newbie CVS Client Installation Help [image attachments]

Chris Neale cdn at mozdev.org
Fri Oct 10 20:58:34 EDT 2003

On Friday 10 Oct 2003 18:51, Jay Garcia wrote:
> Installed WinCVS on Win98SE, started it and told me that Python isn't
> installed. D'loaded/installed Python. Started WinCVS again, "Python not
> found". Error in window at bottom:
>
>  TCL Unavailable
>  Python Unavailble
>
> Typical Windows nonsense. How do I get this going ??
>
> Thanks

don't need TCL, and I don't remember seeing Python errors last time I used it

For WinCvs1.2 [ theoretical, since I'm already logged in : ) ]

1. Admin > Preferences [ admin_preferences.png ]

'WinCvs Preferences'

Box to fill in;

Enter the CVSROOT
[ :pserver:guest at mozdev.org/cvs ] * or your cvs username

Authentication
[ "passwd" file on the cvs server | v ]

2. Admin > Login

3. Create > Checkout Module [ create_checkout-module.png ]

'Checkout settings'

fill in boxes

e.g.

cdn

c:\

[n.b. I generally use command line cvs client on linux]

--

cdn

http://themes.mozdev.org/