[Project_owners] dragging and being dropped

Eelco van Kuik tomcat-user at planet.nl
Fri Oct 10 11:27:43 EDT 2003

Hi.

I asked this question in the consultants page, but I received no answer
up to now.
Therefore I thought I could post it here as well.

Suppose I have a draggable object, i.e. a Label. I can get the events
for
starting a drag (ondraggesture), when something is dropped on it
(ondragdrop),
or when an item that is being dragged leaves the object (ondragexit).

However, I can't find the event when an item being dragged (in this case
the label)
is being "dropped", the opposite event of ondraggesture.

Maybe why I need to know this would clear things:
If somebody would like to bookmark a search engine i.e. google. He or
she would have to
go to www.google.com <http://www.google.com/>  and he or she can then
drag some values into the browser window
and drop them on the textfield where you have to enter the searchterms.
Somewhere in Mozilla
the object that is being dropped on is known, since google's textfield
is filled with text, that I want to,
but how do I find out, which object this was?? How do I get a
reference/id, something else to it?

Regards,

Eelco van Kuik
Project owner of the NeedleSearch Toolbar