[Project_owners] Solution to new SPAM tactic

Brian Bober netdemonz at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 00:56:30 EDT 2003

If you agree to do it in perl, I'd be willing to work on such a system with you
(at least the non-server part) since I'm going to do something similiar on my
own mail server.

For regular browsers, a generated image should do the trick. To speed things
up, we could pre-generate maybe 100, and then not give anything identifying
that spam bots could pick up.

The only thing that we need to think about is how we'll do this for text-only
browsers. Perhaps if its text-only, we can give them some random characters,
and then a command to perform on them -
"A.BGE.RH - Take the letter(s) before the first period and swap them with the
ones after the last period, then remove the periods."

and have a bunch of different commands we ask them to perform. This will also
be there in order to register. If you are unregistered, you will have to do
this before you send anything to postmaster or do notes and your ip will be
logged and shown on the page as a deterrent.