[Project_owners] Solution to new SPAM tactic

Brian Bober netdemonz at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 13:19:08 EDT 2003

There is a solution to this new SPAM tactic. Simply reject all emails from
postmaster with a response they must use a form on the website to email
postmaster. Forward those responses to a password-protected email box, or
something of that nature. Have an image on that form they must identify. Also,
have those images on every form on Mozdev. When they want to send SPAM, they'll
have to identify each new image. It might not stop them, but it'll make their
life a little harder.

This has gone beyond simply advertising, too. Some of the SPAM we recieve is
actually SPAMMERS protesting in a way to the government and others' anti-spam
movement. They believe they have a constitutional right to SPAM us, and perhaps
they do. My solution to this, that I will implement when I have time, is only
allowing people to email me after they or I have registered their email on my
site.