[Project_owners] New Spam tactic

Mirzmaster mirzmaster at rogers.com
Tue Oct 7 00:05:54 EDT 2003

This is ridiculous... there must be a way to combat these individuals.

I recall from the previous thread on this spam issue that the
individual(s) responsible for the spamming are doing it over a dialup
connection... well surely there must be a way to track that person down
through their ISP.  What are the laws governing spam?  Shouldnt' it be
as simple as to report to the ISP of the spammer that the spammer had a
particular IP at a particular period in time during which they
intentionally spammed Mozdev projects, and have the ISP deal with that
client without revealing their personal information?  I am being too
naive about it?  :S

Sohail Mirza
Owner, vCard Project
http://vcard.mozdev.org